Old or New, We’ll Fix it or Fit it
|Don’t compromise on your safety or security. Get your garage door repaired right the first time by the best garage door service in Seattle, Tacoma, and Auburn WA. We’ll make sure your door works properly and is safe to use, so you can feel confident knowing that your home is secure.
Garage Door Repairs Include (but not limited to):
How We Work
- You call, we pick up (24/7!)
- We arrive promptly (with our fully equipped truck so that you know your job will be completed on time)
- We conduct a free assessment
- We explain our diagnosis and treatment in precise detail
- We have suggestions for you to consider; we guide you in making an informed decision
- We give you a quote (that we will not alter!)
- We shake on it
- We do the job (with attention to detail but also with attention to time!). It’s a fine meeting of expertise and efficiency.
- We walk you through what we have done and ensure your needs have been met
- Then there’s the lifetime warranty! Isn’t it good to know that with Steadfast, you are always covered?
What To Look Out For
A visual inspection of the cables (they attach the spring system at the bottom brackets on both sides of the door) is highly recommended. These cables are always under tension. If they get frayed or worn, they might be in danger of breaking, which can cause injury. Due to the high spring tension, cables and bottom brackets should only be replaced/adjusted by a trained garage door professional.
As far as functionality goes, garage door springs are the most important component of your garage door. They are also the parts that wear and break often – especially with old doors. When a spring breaks, you will notice that the door will start struggling (especially when going up) because it is too heavy.
Garage doors should function smoothly – including old ones. If yours is struggling , this is not only unsafe, but it can also cause wear and tear on other components. If your spring system is out of balance, it needs immediate repair/adjustment.
Safety Cables For Extension Springs
If your garage door has extension springs, you need safety cables (they run through the springs and are secured to the horizontal door track mounting bracket at each end). When your garage door is in the closed position, extension springs are under tension. If the spring breaks while the door is in the closed position, a safety cable will keep that broken spring contained (it won’t shoot out uncontrollably). If you have extension springs, safety cables are highly recommended.